Managing a pension on someone else's behalf.

We can’t provide any information about a member of the Scheme without their consent. So, if you’re acting on behalf of someone who’s not able to look after their own affairs, we’ll need sight of the original document(s) which gives you the right to access the member’s information and receive future communications on their behalf. This would normally be the original or a certified copy of a Power of Attorney certificate.

You should send this to the Pensions Administration Team with a covering note that confirms the member’s name, member number and (if needed) the address that future communications should be directed to. As long as no further information is needed, any changes to the member’s record will be updated and a letter of confirmation will be issued within five working days.