Contact us

The M&S Pension Scheme Portal gives you access to your pension account 24/7. You can change your address and view useful information about your pension, including retirement estimates if you aren’t already receiving your pension. If you haven’t already registered or need further help, go to Manage my pension online 

If you want to get in touch by writing to us or calling, you can contact the Pensions Administration Team using the details below. Please be aware that if we lose contact with you whilst you’re receiving your pension we may have to suspend pension payments until we regain contact with you. It’s important to keep us up to date if your personal details change.

For general pension queries

mandspensions@capita.comIf you are planning on sending personal details to the Pension Administration Team we would prefer members to register for the M&S Pension Scheme Portal and send enquiries via the online contact us form. Once you login to the portal homepage, you can send a form by clicking on 'Contact Us' under the ‘General Details’ section. This will also ensure your enquiry is dealt with more promptly.

If you do not wish to register, you can either call the helpline or write to the Pensions Administration Team at our postal address. Please ensure you provide your full name, full address, date of birth, national insurance number/pensions reference number, name of the pension scheme and your handwritten signature on the letter. If you do not provide all the information requested, you will fail the identity verification checks which will cause a delay to receiving a response to your query.

0333 003 7080 - Opening times: Monday - Friday (9am-5pm)

If you need to tell us that a member has died, you can either use the contact details above or provide the member’s information using our online Bereavement Form

Our postal address

If you would like to write to the Pensions Administration Team, Trustee Board or send important documents or completed paperwork please use the address below:

The M&S Pension Scheme
Hartshead House
2 Cutlers Gate
Sheffield, S4 7TL
United Kingdom

Please do not send post to M&S offices at Waterside House or Salford Quays. Any post sent to M&S offices will be redirected to the address above which may mean items are delayed or do not reach their destination.

What if I have a complaint?

The Pension Administration Team can resolve most issues relating to your membership of the Scheme. However, there is a formal procedure in place, called the Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure (IDRP), if they’re unable to resolve your complaint and you would like to escalate the issue to the Trustee.

To begin the IDRP, you should contact the Pensions Administration Team for a Formal Complaint Form. A summary of the stages involved and how long it might take is provided below.

You can choose to contact the Trustee about your complaint before starting the IDRP, you can do this here.

The IDRP has two stages:

Stage 1

A sub-committee of the Management and Governance Committee considers all Formal Complaint Forms which are completed and returned to the Trustee Executive Team. The sub-committee will normally give its decision and an explanation in writing within two months. If the sub-committee isn’t able to resolve your complaint within two months, it will let you know. The Trustee may, in its discretion, waive the Stage 1 process and proceed straight to Stage 2.

Stage 2

If you are not satisfied with the sub-committee’s decision, the next step is to refer your complaint to the Trustee within six months of the sub-committee’s decision. You’ll receive details of this option when you receive the sub-committee’s decision.

The Pensions Ombudsman

You have the right to refer your complaint to the Pensions Ombudsman free of charge.

The Pensions Ombudsman deals with complaints and disputes which concern the administration and/or management of occupational and personal pension schemes. Contact with the Pensions Ombudsman about a complaint needs to be made within three years of when the event(s) you are complaining about happened – or, if later, within three years of when you first knew about it (or ought to have known about it). There is discretion for those time limits to be extended.

The Pensions Ombudsman can be contacted at:

10 South Colonnade,
Canary Wharf,
London, E14 4PU
 0800 917 4487

You can also submit a complaint form online:


If you have general requests for information or guidance concerning your pension arrangements contact:

0800 011 3797