How to make a complaint

You should always contact the Pensions Administration Team in the first instance. They are able to resolve most issues relating to your membership of the Scheme.

The Pensions Administration Team aims to give you the best possible service but sometimes things can go wrong. You may receive an outcome or decision that you’re not happy with or the service may not have met your expectations.

If this happens and the Pensions Administration Team can’t resolve your complaint, there is a formal complaints procedure in place, called the Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure (IDRP), which allows you to escalate the issue to the Trustee.

If you would like to contact the Trustee about your complaint before starting the IDRP, you can do this here.

Otherwise to begin the IDRP, you should contact the Pensions Administration Team for a Formal Complaint Form.

The IDRP has two stages:

Stage 1

A sub-committee of the Management and Governance Committee considers all Formal Complaint Forms which are completed and returned to the Trustee Executive Team. The sub-committee will normally give its decision and an explanation in writing within two months. If the sub-committee isn’t able to resolve your complaint within two months, it will let you know. The Trustee may, in its discretion, waive the Stage 1 process and proceed straight to Stage 2.

Stage 2

If you are not satisfied with the sub-committee’s decision, the next step is to refer your complaint to the Trustee within six months of the sub committee’s decision. You’ll receive details of this option when you receive the sub-committee’s decision.

The Pensions Ombudsman

You have the right to refer your complaint to The Pensions Ombudsman free of charge.

The Pensions Ombudsman deals with complaints and disputes which concern the administration and/or management of occupational and personal pension schemes.

Contact with The Pensions Ombudsman about a complaint needs to be made within three years of when the event(s) you are complaining about happened – or, if later, within three years of when you first knew about it (or ought to have known about it). There is discretion for those time limits to be extended.

The Pensions Ombudsman can be contacted at: 10 South Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 4PU

Tel: 0800 917 4487

You can also submit a complaint form online:


If you have general requests for information or guidance concerning your pension arrangements contact:

Tel: 0800 011 3797